Saturday, November 06, 2010

Lazy Morning

I love lazy mornings! In fact - maybe we need to declare them a necessity in the craziness of our lives. This is the first weekend this month that I have been home, and it has been wonderful to just lay on the couch, catch up on some paperwork and relax.

For a moment I felt a bit guilty that I wasn't up doing something productive like cleaning or baking something for the meal tomorrow, but then I reminded myself - I need to relax sometimes and do nothing of substance if I want to stay healthy and maintain good mental health as well.

I am reminded of what I often remind others - you need time to be still and do nothing! Not checking things off my list, but instead being happy to just be instead of do!

When was the last time you took time to just relax and do nothing? I think it is something we need to teach our kids as well, because they are constantly on the go from one activity to another and they haven't learned the art of relaxing and being still! How will you spend your day?

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I wholeheartedly agree, Jana. We are always on the move, consulting our "to-do" list, which is never completed.
Refreshment physically, spiritually and emotionally is absolutely key. Some folks like a day to do nothing. Some folks enjoy a hike or a bike ride. I have been know to stay in bed all day and watch old movies!! The good "ol' fashion" kind that are full of innocence, respectful relationships and sweet breakthroughs. The kind that make you cry. Not much of that these days. Today, I chilled with the Lord, posted to my blog/study and enjoyed preparing the house and the meal for friends who are soon to arrive. Ah! Fellowship and games by the fireplace. God is good! God bless you. Lorraine Serra