Monday, August 27, 2007

Technology Whoas!!!

Okay so can you believe it - two post in less than three days - Joel watch out - I may just become hooked like you! Anyway - so a very sad thing happened in technology land on Sunday. Out of the kindness of my heart I turned my cell phone off at church so it would not interfere with the hearing impaired sound system. Nice person, huh! Yeah that is what I thought until my phone decided not to turn back on....I tried everything, but nothing would work and of course we were having two youth events that day and people were trying to find me and I have no long distance on my home phone and yeah...let's just say a mess! So I went to a store this morning to get it fixed and they said, sorry we only can fix it if you got it here - WHAT ahahahhahahha!!! (that is the steroids talking!) So then I drove to the mall later this evening and the man was very nice, he gave me a brand new phone. The only problem was he could not get anything off the other phone, it had gone to the grave and taken every single, number, picture and song with it!!! Ughhhhh!!! I guess no more "Jack Johnson - Upside down" when people call - no more cute little kids when I open the phone.

So I guess the moral of the story is that they now have this thing where you can register your phone numbers online in a safe database so if this happens you will have all your numbers. But of course I didn't know about this - so I lost everything - so yeah - if you know me and we talk sometimes you might want to call and give me your number so we can still be friends!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That happened to me - only I left my phone on top of my car at PHL and drove away and didn't discover this until I was home and therefore lost everything. It was the worst. I had to find numbers again and all of that good stuff. Blah. So...I feel your pain!!