Friday, July 08, 2011

Birthday Blessings

On this rainy July 8th day - I am finally sitting down to relax for a few minutes before the wedding rehearsal.  It has been a busy day of working on camp things and doing a big mailing, not a lot of time to just relax and enjoy.  Joel isn't feeling great so he is laying down - and as he did he was very apologetic that this birthday is not very exciting.... but I was quick to respond that my life is filled with blessings, despite the day's schedule.  So this year I thought I would start a new tradition - Birthday Blessings.   I will come up with a blessing for each year that I am old.... so here goes 36 Blessings!

1.  I am blessed that I have a heavenly Father that loves me, forgives me, and cares for me.
2.  I have an amazing Godly husband - Joel
3.  I have a little girl growing inside of me - to which I am in awe of how God has and will continue to knit her together in my womb.
4.  I am thankful for my parents, who took me and loved me as their own.
5.  I am thankful for my siblings, and my sibling in laws who make life much more exciting.
6.  I am thankful to be an Aunt to 13 awesome "kids" ranging from age 2 - 23 years old.
7.  I am blessed to attend a church that loves the Lord, each other, and those around us.
8.  I am thankful that I have been able to serve the in 3 foreign countries.  (Hope to go back one day)
9.  I am blessed to have been a part of so many teenagers lives over the last 15 years - I just pray that I have made an impact for the kingdom.
10.  I am blessed to have a house with a beautiful addition - trusting that one day it will get done.
11. I am blessed that we will soon have a nursery (I am thinking positively! Since currently we have no walls)
12.  I am thankful for great friends! Friends who despite the miles, you can pick up the phone and it seems like just yesterday.
13.  I am thankful for Mission Meadows, Lakeside Christian Camp, and Krislund Camp - these camps were huge parts of growth in my life!  I love camp!
14.  I am thankful for Mini Vinnie - my car - it keeps chugging along - hoping to get at least 3 more years out of him - if I can still get in and out of him - my next car will need to be a little higher off the ground.
15.  I am blessed to have a great dog - who loves people, gets a little excited, but is gentle and protective, can't wait to see how he cares for his little sister.
16.  I am blessed that I live in the USA - despite the current economic and political situation we still have more than most and we need to be thankful for what we have.
17.  I am thankful for music - it has been my escape at many points in my life, it allows me to enter into worship, it let's me relieve stress, and it brings me great joy!
18.  I am thankful for Raspberry Ice Tea - it just makes me happy - I haven't had much during my pregnancy - less than glasses of it - but when I have it - it makes me happy!!!
19.  Orange Blossom ice cream has been a blessing during the last 8 months!  Can't wait until Cruiser's Cafe has it again!!! (hint hint!!!)
20.  I am blessed to have talents - the ability to stand up in front of people and talk without getting nervous, the ability to listen and ask questions to help people find emotional healing.
21.  I am blessed to have birth parents who chose life!  And were willing to bless others when they knew they were unable to care for me.
22.  I am blessed to have hope that despite having MS - God has used it and will continue to use it as part of my testimony of how he changed my life.
23.  I am blessed that God continues to provide for us financially even when I am unable to work full time.  Why do I worry or ever doubt?
24.  I am blessed to have time to sit and reflect on my blessings today as I celebrate 36 years of life.
25.  I am thankful for the beauty around me - especially the tiger lillies on the side of the road during the summer months!
26.  I am blessed by my In Laws - they are so giving of their time and talents and always willing to help us out.
27.  I am thankful for swimming pools and air conditioning on the hot days of summer.
28.  I am thankful for our new LED flat screen TV that we got for free from our credit card points because it takes up much less room on our dresser.
29.  Thankful that I have a brother who is an excavator so he can come and fix our back yard.
30.  Thankful I have a sister who is a landscape architect so she can help me make that yard look nice, and maybe score me a discount!
31.  I am blessed because I know that I will spend eternity with Jesus
32. I am blessed because I have a husband who makes me laugh!
33.  I am blessed because I have a dishwasher - no joke it really is a blessing to me!
34.  I am blessed because I have a beautiful kitchen now that is bigger than a closet - thanks Brian we love it!
35.  I am blessed because I no longer have to climb my steep stairs to get a shower!
36.  I am blessed because I have life!  Abundant joy filled life!

Have you counted your blessings today?  You should try this your next birthday!!!

No comments: