Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MC - Suspect Reporter!


Camp is going well! From the camping standpoint - we seem nice and protected inside the walls of our school, but the outside world seems a little sketchy! I may in fact have a first as an MC. Sunday afternoons it is my job to welcome the campers by sitting at the end of the school by the road with a bright yellow welcome sign (as seen here) and as I was sitting there I was a little nervous I am going to be honest (we aren't in the best part of town) and I saw this guy who was hanging around and it seemed a little odd, but I wasn't going to leave my greeting post. He then left for a few minutes across a field came back and as I was greeting - he disappeared.... about 30 minutes later - the cops showed up at my post and asked me if I had seen a guy with a black hooded sweatshirt - I HAD!!!! Oh my - he just robbed the convient store about 150 yards from the school! And I was a witness - never in my life did I ever imagine such an experience at workcamp! We have also had some other fun times, which I won't mention at this time, but I would be happy to share the stories!


No comments: