Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Thankful November

Last year my sister in law Michele came up with a great idea.  She decided that for each day in the month of November she was going to post something that she is thankful for.  I love the idea!!!  Not only do I want to steal it - but wouldn't it be great if for the next four weeks we turned our focus towards that positive!  You don't have to just say something you are thankful for on facebook - the sky is the limit!  You could send a note of thanks to someone by email or snail mail each day of the week.  You could also take this idea to your children.  Each night at dinner time you could share something you are thankful for.

As I mentioned before - I just love this idea!  And when my little girl is old enough I want to be sure I have some special tradition we do in November to remind her how important it is to be thankful.  Just last night I was looking at a catalog that had a large tree made of fabric and 30 leaves on it that were numbered and were pockets (very similar to an advent calendar) and each day you put a note or something special that you are thankful for.  What a great idea - I would love to make one of those by next year!!

So let me start my month of thanks today - Joel's Sisters

I am thankful for Michele (Joel's sister) not only was she my favorite for the first year of our marriage (that was manditory since she helped me do a bunch of wedding stuff for me)  But I am thankful for her friendship to me but also to Joel (they were both single for a while and were best of friends!) Thank you for loving Joel as a best friend, thank you for welcoming me to the family and thank you for using your shopping skills to find me great deals!

I am thankful for Andrea - she loves to love!  She gives the best hugs and loves to jump on the bed when at retreats!  (long story)  Thank you for planting seeds in my mind about how wonderful your brother was, though I was resistant at the time, it was the best gift you could ever give to me!

I am thankful for Melanie - I am thankful for your kind spirit.  You are caring and compassionate and you have an amazing gift for decorating!  I will always remember the day we were sitting by the pool at the outer banks and you were wondering about Joel and I and if we were going to get married.... oh how fun it is to look back to that time.

1 comment:

Joel Snyder said...

I am thankful for my sister's too!