Friday, August 19, 2011

Mom's Are the Best

As I prepare to become a mom in less than three weeks I am reminded how greatful I am that I have an amazing mom!  Last week I was so blessed that my mom was able to come for five days and help me get things ready for our little one.

There was no job that was too big or small for her - she was worker bee!!  She helped me clean, organize, paint, do laundry, and pick out some things for the nursery.   She even helped us move our bookshelf and she dusted and cleaned the whole shelf.

She had great ideas and she was willing to help me figure out some things I just had no idea what to do with - the office for instance!

It seems as though becoming a mom has drawn me closer to my mom - that I am so thankful for.  She is an amazing woman and I hope that I will be able to raise my little girl in the same way my mom raised her five children.  

It was hard to see my mom go home - but I think she will be excited next time she visits to see how great the nursery looks - especially with her little granddaughter in it.

Thanks again Mom you are the best!!!

No comments: