Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The Carb Free Me

So I am back to doing my 90 day renewal - however it is being modified to also work with the Atkins Diet. This is the first time I have ever tried this diet - or healthy eating plan as I prefer to call it - let's just say it is really hard!!!! I am going through some major withdrawl - I never realized how many carbs foods had until this week. For the first two weeks you have to stay below 20 carbs a day - did you know a glass of unsweetened cranberry juice has 36 grams in one serving!!! Even carrots have carbs! Joel said that he would rather me not do this if I am going to be cranky - hmmm is he trying to tell me something. I have actually had to pray for the will power to not eat carbs! I feel like I am going through a drug withdrawl - which in essence is what is happening inside my body....no sugar either - so I thought I would be cool and get some sugar free gummy bears - yeah - they still have 36 grams of carbs per serving!

Tonight for dinner - I made tuna salad - and ate it with celery, cheese, and pickles - that was my dinner - for dessert I had some cashews. I just want pasta!!!! Rice!!!!! Sugar!!!! Pretzels!!!! Okay now that I got that out in the open I am going to get myself a nice tall glass of water and get some work done. If you think of it - say a prayer - I know that this is good for me and will hopefully give me more energy - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

3 comments:

Jody Moreen said...

Hi Jana,I need to do the same- which diet plan are you on? Atkins or South Beach? I will pray for you as I limit my carbs as well. I will like following your Blog!

Anonymous said...

Cool story as for me. It would be great to read something more concerning that topic. Thank you for sharing this info.
Joan Stepsen
Gadget gifts

SeƱora Fay said...

hey...have been wondering how you are doing with all of this! update!