Wednesday, February 09, 2005

New at this!

So I am new at this whole idea of blogging but I have read others and it seems pretty cool and since I am an overly reflective person maybe this will be a great way for me to get out the things that I am thinking.

It has been a rough week but - God is so good - he has blessed me with a great friend who is willing to challenge me and ask me the tough questions! That is what I need someone who will be direct and tell me what I need to hear even if I already know it. Thanks friend!

For Lent this year, instead of giving something up - I have been challenged to do something in my relationship with God, so each day during Lent I am going to journal my prayers, since lately my prayer life just well... it sucks! I feell as though I have prayer ADD - I can't focus, I feel distant.. and it just is so frustrating.

This week has been a rock bottom week - but sometimes you have to get to that point to realize that I don't have it all together, and just deal with that - I internalize so much! I need to stop! I am at the point that I am physically ill! AHHHH!!!

"My grace is sufficient for you, My power is made perfect in weakness" 2Cor. 12:9

So now I leave with this verse as my verse to cling to for today! I am taking it one day at a time!

Lord you know my heart, you know my hurt, you know my weakness, and you love me anyway! Wow! Thank you for picking me up and dusting me off, for holding me close to your side when I feel so lost and empty. You are my rock, in you I will trust and obey!




2 comments:

janalynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy said...

Nice intro. I'm looking forward to reading more.